Thursday 2 December 2010

Terrific M/M BDSM read by Syd McGinley

The Complete Dr. Fell Volume I: LostThe Complete Dr. Fell Volume I: Lost by Syd McGinley

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I love this book! I read one heck of a lot of M/M stuff and this stands out in the crowd. It provides an accurate, realistic portrayal of 'power exchange' relationships (D/s) and the meaning they have for those involved. I like Dr. Fell because he's human, flawed, trying his best to deal with grief and has friends around him who are both true and loving.

This isn't an instant gratification novel(though there is plenty of sex to keep it floating if that's your interest). It's a biography for a fictional character, and at times it feels more like a collection of short stories assembled in chronological order. (If you have bought any of the short stories as e-books previously you will find that they repeat here, but the book is a great read and can be had in paperback format - I adore owning REAL books!).

If you liked this then you will definitely love the next, 'Dr.Fell Volume Two: Found'. Trying myself to acquire 'Pink: Dolorosa' presently but struggling to locate a copy. Thank you Syd for a terrific set of believable characters and a down to earth setting that works so well.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Hello -- thanks for your kind comments about my work!

    You may like to know that volume 3 -- the Boys of Fell is coming out in print soon and will include Pink: Dolorosa.

    Syd

    ReplyDelete